Active Exchange services, see Add Hosted Services.
This article shows how to configure Activesync for Exchange on an iPhone
1. From the Home screen on the iPhone locate and click on the Settings
2. Scroll down and click on Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
3. Click on Add Account
4. From the available account types, select Exchange
5. The setup will prompt for the account settings, enter in the following information:
- Email: The primary email alias of the Exchange Mailbox
- Password: Password associated with the email address (Verify username/password in webmail)
Verify the settings against the image below, then click Next
6. After a few moments, the Exchange settings will come up again, this time displaying a Server and Domain Field.
- Enter in the following information to finish your Exchange Setup:
- Server: ex2010.myhostedservice.com
- Domain: Netplexity
- Username: The primary email alias of the Exchange Mailbox
After entering in the information, hit Next in the top right corner to proceed.
7. The Exchange account will now ask for what items to sync. To get the full Exchange experience, it is
recommended to sync both Contacts, and Calendars to the iPhone. However when doing so, the device will warn
that doing so may create duplicate contacts/calendar entries in the event of any preexisting items. First time
setups can ignore this warning and erase that data, users with preexisting items should determine the best
option for their use.
- Once this preference is determined, click the Save button to finish the setup.
8. Optionally the account sync settings may be reviewed and tweaked, by clicking on the account name from the
Mail, Contacts, Calendars section.
9. Two additional options may be configured on this screen, Mail Days to Sync, and Mail Folders to Push.
Increasing the metric on either option will result in more mail data being stored on the iPhone, in addition to
potentially longer, and more frequent synchronizations.