Echoworx Encrypted Mail Gateway (EMG) is a boundary email encryption solution that provides companies with an easy way to prevent data breaches and comply with privacy regulations, without any disruption to workflow or the need for client software.
Encrypted Mail Gateway Overview
The Echoworx Encrypted Mail Gateway provides companies with an easy way to enforce email encryption, without any disruption to workflow.
How does it Work?
When an email is composed, once the user presses the send button, the message is scanned for viruses and the content is also analyzed to detect whether confidential information is being sent, based on pre-defined corporate policies. If policy management detects sensitive information is enclosed, the message is routed to the Echoworx Encrypted Mail Gateway where the message is automatically encrypted and sent to the recipient.
- If the recipient is an Echoworx Secure Mail user, they will receive the message directly in their mail box as an encrypted message.
- If the recipient is not an Echoworx Secure Mail user, they will be directed to a secure web-based portal where they can register themselves to automatically receive encrypted messages. They simply set up a password when they receive their first encrypted message, which enables them to easily receive messages, reply securely and add attachments to these messages.
Receiving a Message as a Secure Mail Subscriber
- Subscribers will receive secure messages directly to their inbox. A lock icon next to the sender's display name indicates the message is secure.
- The user is prompted to enter their Secure ID password when they click to open the message.
- Once the message is opened, a branded bar with a 'Verify' button will appear at the top of the message. Clicking the 'Verify' button will bring up a window that displays information about the integrity of the message and verifies the identity of the sender.
Receiving a Message via the Message Pickup Center (First-time User)
- Non-subscriber recipients will receive an email notification indicating they need to register to receive their secure message.
- The link in the notification message directs the user to the registration form where the user is prompted for their activation information and asked to create a password.
- Once the user has successfully completed the form, the message is decrypted and displayed in the browser.
Receiving a Message via the Message Pickup Center (Registered User)
- Non-subscriber recipients will receive an email notification indicating a secure message is ready for pickup.
- The link in the notification message directs the user to the Message Pickup Center web site where they are prompted to enter their password.
- Upon successful authentication, the message is decrypted and displayed in the browser.