Active Web services, see Add Hosted Services
, previously configured domain name, existent FTP account, and a FTP client.
This article will demonstrate how to upload a website to the control panel, via FTP.
Before proceeding to upload a website to the control panel, ensure the prerequisite steps have been met:
A. Website must exist and be available on your local computer.
B. An FTP Account must be created.
There are a variety of programs and methodologies for accessing an FTP site, for simplicity it is recommended to either use the native file browser built into Windows operating systems, or use an excellent third party application such as FileZilla. In the following steps FileZilla will be used for its universal interface across different operating systems, and its ability to save, and manage multiple websites. After downloading, and installing FileZilla, open the program and follow these instructions:
1. In the upper left corner of the screen, enter the following information:
- Host: FTP IP address 18.104.22.168
- Username: FTP account username
- Password: FTP account password
2. Click Quickconnect on the right-hand side.
3. FileZilla will begin to connect to FTP site. If the connection is successful, the Status will display "Directory listing successful" as illustrated in the screen capture above.
As highlighted in the screen capture above, on the left side of the program will be an explorer windows to navigate the local computer for the web site content. On the right side of the program will be an explorer window to navigate the FTP site. Once you locate the web site content on your local computer, you can drag and drop the files into the httpdocs folder as shown in the screen capture.
Finally, take note of the transfer dialogue at the bottom of the program once the transfer has completed.
4. To test functionality, navigate to your website in a web browser.
What Is Next?
Change The ASP.Net or PHP Version Of A Site
Publish A URL To Google Search